Sales Academy is committed to protecting your privacy and earning your trust. Sales Academy does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. This policy discloses the privacy practices for the Sales Academy Web site. We use the information we collect about you from the Sales Academy Web site to process orders and maintain a relationship with you throughout the use of our products and services. This policy explains how your personal information is protected. It is our intent to give you as much control as possible over your privacy and personal information and the use we make of it in our business. This policy is subject to change, so please check back from time to time to stay informed.
What kinds of personal information does Sales Academy collect?
In general, you can visit Sales Academy on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We ask for information from you in several ways from different parts of our Web site.
- We ask for personal information from you when you become a registered user of a trial version of Sales Academy Training Center. You are required to register to receive a user ID and password to be able to access and try out the features of Sales Academy Training Center. At that time, Sales Academy asks for certain required information such as your name, E-mail address, and other information to process and complete your request. We also request certain other optional information that will help us meet your learning management system needs. We will let you know what information is optional, and you decide whether or not you want to provide that information.
- In the course of using our site, we automatically track certain information about you. This information includes what type of browser you are using. This information includes what type of browser you are using, it may include the URL that you just came from and the next URL you go to, regardless of whether these URLs are on our Web site or not. It also includes your IP address. Sales Academy uses this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us refine and improve the design and layout of our Sales Academy site and the user experience.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as E-mails or letters, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also periodically ask users for feedback that we use to improve our service and products and add new features. If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response.
- We also collect IP addresses for system administration.
How does Sales Academy use my information?
We collect personal information to help us provide a high quality user experience, and to aid Sales Academy in understanding our customers better. Sales Academy does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. The personal information you choose to give us allows Sales Academy to process and fulfill your request for a free trial of the Sales Academy Training Center. We also use that information should you choose to order our products and services to process and complete your order and notify you of your order status.
- We use the personal information you give us to provide you with up-to-date information about Sales Academy products and services.
- We may use the information we collect to notify you from time to time about important changes in functionality to the Web site, new Sales Academy services and products, and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- When you provide us with personal information to enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Sales Academy or its partners, we use this information to administer the contest and notify winners. We store all information relating to such contests and promotions.
- We will deliver targeted advertisements or promotions to our customers using the personal information you give us. We do not allow advertisers to have access to individual account information. These advertisements are usually banner ads and promotional E-mails.
- We also research our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you give us in our online survey tool. We compile and analyze this information on an aggregate or anonymous basis.
- We use the IP addresses we collect to report aggregate or anonymous information to our advertisers.
Who collects information?
Does Sales Academy share my information?
Other than as stated in this policy, Sales Academy does not disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your permission. Read the following sections to learn more.
Business Partners and Sponsors
Sales Academy may disclose your personal information to business partners or sponsors, but you will be notified beforehand and will be able to choose not to share your information. Many promotions give you the chance to request additional information from the sponsors. When you ask for more information, you give Sales Academy permission to send your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. Much of the time, only your E-mail address will be shared. You will be notified if more information will be shared, and you can choose not to share the information.
Our service uses the YouTube API and the following Privacy Policies apply:
(i) YouTube Terms of Service (ToS) (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms)
Additionally, you can find more details about Google’s security measures at (https://policies.google.com/privacy).
Third-party Data and Aggregate Data
Sales Academy discloses aggregated or anonymous statistics (for example, the percentage of users from the western U.S.) to prospective partners and advertisers and for other lawful purposes.
Sales Academy may also disclose your information where disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property rights, the users’ rights, or others’ rights. In the same way, Sales Academy will disclose information when we reasonably believe disclosure is required by law or to comply with a legal process served on Sales Academy or its Web site. We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that we must act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Sales Academy, its Web site, or the public.
Do I have a choice about how my information is gathered, used and distributed?
Yes. When you register with Sales Academy, you can choose to receive newsletters, information, and E-mails from Sales Academy and third parties. If you change your mind, you can simply update your account information on our Web site so that the information will not be sent. It’s your choice. Some of our promotions may request your E-mail address so that you can receive periodic updates about the status of the promotion. When you participate in these types of promotions, you will automatically receive promotion-related E-mail; however, you can choose the no-E-mail option that some promotions offer. Occasionally these promotion-related E-mail messages may include targeted advertisements. You can make decisions about cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you decide to reject all cookies, you cannot participate in Sales Academy services that require registration to participate. We will notify you any time we want to transfer the data we have collected or share it with a third party, and you always have the option to forbid the transfer.
What security measures does Sales Academy take to protect me?
Your Sales Academy account information and profile are password-protected so that you are the only one who has access to your personal information. You can edit your account information and profile by using your login name and password. We recommend that you follow these guidelines to protect yourself: Do not tell anyone your password. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. Do not respond to unsolicited E-mail by giving your password, even if the E-mail claims to be from us. Sales Academy will never ask you for your password in this way. When you are done using Sales Academy, sign out of your account and close your browser window. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we are committed to protecting your personal information, Sales Academy cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us (or from our online services) and you do so at your own risk.
How does Sales Academy protect your credit card and financial information?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your credit card and financial account information. We do not sell, trade, or rent your financial or credit card information. We do not make this information available to anyone without your permission. We may provide statistical data on our customers to advertisers, partners, vendors, and other reputable third parties. This data is comprised of aggregate or anonymous data only, which does not contain any personally identifiable information. For example, we will not disclose that you purchased a specific product, but we might disclose statistics on how many customers have purchased a specific product. When you enter credit card information on our Web site, we transmit the information in encrypted format, using industry standard, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
Your Rights Relating To Your Personal Data
You have the right under this Privacy and Cookies Policy, and by law if you are within the EU, to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, this enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right if you are within the EU to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data (“Consent Withdrawal”). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Site. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can.
If you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, please note that if you are in the EU the GDPR gives you the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain information your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
How long we store your Personal Data
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or it is reasonably needed for the purposes set out in How We Use Your Personal Data and Why unless you request that we remove your Personal Data as described in Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data. We will only retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonably need to use it for these purposes unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes). This may include keeping your Personal Data after you have deactivated your account for the period of time needed for us to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
What are cookies and how does Sales Academy use them?